Monday, May 21, 2007

never enough by any name

Here's a rare promotional B-side from 1962:
Mark Robinson sings "I've made enough mistakes today"


Note the label credits:
Hazlewood & Lee Productions, plus arrangement by Jack Nitzsche (the man largely responsible for what we think of as the Hazlewood sound).
Sylvester was in fact one of Lee's labels...
And Mark Robinson?
Hint: he released his first single "Pretty Jane" in 1958 on Jamie [1103]
judge for yourself [96kbps mono]

PS: anyone seen the A-side "Can't Let Her See Me Cry"?

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

top stuff, love it -- thanks so much!

3:04 am, May 26, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great stuff. Thanks a million for spreading some of this rare and expensive brilliance. Does anybody have a copy of the Willie Jones / Hollywood single? Those are some of the few songs that I've been unable to find.

3:35 pm, June 26, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stacy, do you mean Slobos' "Famous Willies birthday party 1984"?
I have that single back in Denmark, but I'm based in the UK right now, so I probably won't get access to it until in three months time.
Anybody found "Can't let her see me cry" by any chance? I would like to hear that one as well.

11:36 pm, November 08, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home